Sunday, February 7, 2010

banana nut waffles

 So today I was thinking of making banana bread. I picked up a big bag of browning bananas on sale at the store, and wanted to use them up. I also wanted to pre make a few waffles for my children for breakfast this week... So I got a great idea to look up a recipe for banana nut waffles. I could not find one I wanted to use, so instead I just made one up from a basic waffle recipe! The outcome is WONDERFUL if I do say so myself!

  •  2 eggs
  •  1 2/3 cup milk
  •  2TBS vegetable oil
  •  1 large, and over ripe banana
  •  1tps vanilla
  •  2 cups flour (1 wheat 1 white)
  •  1 TBS baking powder
  •  2 TBS sugar
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
 So you know the drill, put your dry stuff in a bowl wet stuff in a bowl, mix both apart, then put them together and mix until JUST blended. You dont want to over mix waffle and pancake mix. I cannot remember why I just know that your not supposed to, so don't!

 Take about 1/2 cup, not quite, and put it in your heated waffle iron, according to the directions your iron has. I'd say mine took about 5 min each to cook. I wait until its not steaming so much and look if they are brown and crisp, they are done!


 Serve with butter and syrup, yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment