Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mahi-Mahi

 I am telling you. Even if your not a really big fish person. You don't like fish, okay, try Mahi Mahi anyway. Its called "The steak of fish" and its not a lie. Its SO good. Its got a different texture, and it is not fishy at all. Another great thing about it, is its GOOD left over, unlike most fishes.

 Tonight our dinner was broiled Lemon pepper Mahi-mahi, Rice pilaf, and sauteed asparagus w/ salt and pepper. It was quick, it was easy and it was SOOOO good.

 Here's how it all went down:

 Got my rice cooker out for the rice pilaf.

 Filled 3 rice cooker cups with jasmine rice
 1TBS chicken bullion granuals
 some garlic and onion powder, and a pat of butter, and then I filled it with water to the 3 cup line.

 Turn that on, and then I went to my fish. Coated the still frozen fillets with some mrs dash lemon pepper seasons (good and salt free!) Place it in the oven at 350 for about 20 min, then for about 10 more (my fillets were very thick) I broiled

 While my fish was cooking I put some olive oil and butter in a pan, got it heated and added my asparagus spears, sauteed them with some salt and pepper until tender. Then took them off the heat, put the lid on the pan and they waited for the rice and fish to finish.

 I was so hungry (forgot lunch today) that I did not get a picture of my dinner tonight but just trust me, it looked, smelled, and tasted wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment