Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kooking with the Kids :OP

 So last weekend, I did a few snack foods things with the kiddos. They wanted to help and I told them if they cleaned their rooms, they could. So they DID! Go figure!

 Our first creation was Muddy Buddy's an old favorite

 Not hard at all to make. Although my camera is taking rather crappy pictures (or I am) today. So I apologize in advance for the blurry photos.

 You need

Chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter, powder sugar, vanilla and of course, your chex mix (or off brand as we used since you can get the recipe online now)

 You will also need a spoon, microwave, BIG bowl, and gallon ziplock baggies.

 This is simple. You take your chips, butter and peanut butter, microwave until creamy. Add vanilla, pour over cereal in your giant bowl. Place mixed cereal into bags, add sugar and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Dance around a bit, shake some more....

 This part is fun. Just make sure you have ZIPLOCKED your bag. :)




 When I was a kid this was called Puppy Chow. I guess Purina sued them for the name, and so now its muddy buddies. Either way its GOOD!





We kept this in the bag, I made a double batch and froze one bags worth not sure why because the first bag was gone that same day! I did, however, learn its very tasty cold!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Add Blog Linksto your blog and share links with your visitors and friends.
    Blog Links: is a Free service that lets you add your blog link to multiple blog sites.(Click Here) to enter your link and view the entire list of links.
    Here is just one of the Bolg Sites that Blog Links list is on(Serendipity is Sweet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call this "puppy chow" and it is DELISH!!! It looks fantastic Clorie just like everything you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we called it puppy chow too, its supposed to be served in a doggie bowl I guess, Promise had it at church today :)

    and thank you Marci :)

    ReplyDelete