Saturday, October 10, 2009

Trying a few new things!

 Besides my "Food Network Challenge" recipes this week, which by the way were doing every 3 weeks or monthly now, I am unsure of which. We are all busy moms who have run out of time so we gave ourselves more.... Anyway besides that, I am trying a few new dishes, and a few old favorites in the next 2 weeks.

 Since I had luck with home made rolls finally, I am being very adventurous, I bought Yeast in a little can even, and I plan on making french bread, crusty rolls, buttermilk biscuits, and also corn bread and pizza and perogi dough. Wish me luck there, that is a lot of meals to SCREW up if I do not do it correctly. But feel good knowing you will be there every step of the way with me, good or bad.


 What made me think of Perogies? Well I found THIS

 At a local thrift store for .75 cents and I thought heck, WHY NOT! You roll out your dough over the circle thing w/ all the holes, poke it down, fill, then roll  another sheet of dough over top and it cuts it AND presses it for you!!! Sounds simple right? Again you shall see. I think its funny it says "as seen on TV" because I HAVE NEVER even heard of one, let alone seen it on TV, then again I was not alive in the 70's which is when I think this was created. Heck its nearly antique!

 So wish me luck tomorrow. Busy day. Cleaning then baking and cooking and freezing. Hopefully this all works out and I really do save money!







 Fun things I am making that you can look forward to seeing a blog about:

 Perogies
 Pizza Rolls
 Granola, and granola bars
 Puppy chow (made with chex mix)
 Split pea and Ham soup
 Stretch a buck turkey and bean burrito burger


 Probably more as well, like rolls and french bread and pizza dough, which I still really hope turns out right!

 Stay tuned tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i love home made perogies! Can't wait to find out how they turned out. That does look like it was from the 70's though - good find!

    ReplyDelete