Tuesday, October 13, 2009

SO then we still had chex mix left!

 After our muddy buddies, there was still a half box of corn chex left. Not to be mean, but I do not care for chex, with milk as a cereal. Not even with sugar. Ick. So I wanted to make something else with what we already had on hand with what was left.

 I found Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix

 I had everything needed, and we all like cheese, and ranch (who doesn't) so it was a go!



For this you need, chex mix (or generic) Cheddar crackers (or goldfish would have been yummy I think) Butter, parm cheese, ranch packet (I have a big deal like a parm shaker of ranch) and pretzels I used stick pretzels and just crunched them up a bit, because that is what we had on hand.

 This too is simple. You melt your butter, pour it over your chex, crackers and pretzels and then you sprinkle with the ranch and parm. you heat it up in the microwave for 3 min. Stopping every min. to stir. Lay out on wax paper to cool.


 We all agreed this needed more ranch, and so we added more! Super good, just as good as those 3.00 bags of chex mix you buy at the store!



 As you can see my hand model could not keep his hands out of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment