Saturday, September 26, 2009

Another First


Acorn squash! On a whim at the grocery I seen the pretty squash and thought heck, for .88 cents I can stand to try one (or two) of them!

 So I built my meal around this. I thought what do I have that will go with squash? I made pork chops and "hot crash potatoes"  they are good! Along with that I reheated frozen "edward style" green beans and carrots that I had forgotten to heat up the other day with dinner!

 I have made porkchops, the potatoes, and green beans for dinner before though. This was more about the squash. I did not have a recipe, really, so I just did what the sticker on the squash said to do. I added butter, and some brown sugar (I also sprinkled on cinnamon) and then I baked them, along with my potatoes in the oven.





Looking at them now, cooked and finished, I am pretty sure I could have went MUCH lighter, on the butter part! :OP Having less butter would have made a nice crust of sugar on the squash. Either way this tasted good. I, of course, was the only one who really ate it, the other kids did give it a try though.

 Anyway dinner tonight was good and easy. I just sprinkled the chops with Mrs. Dash and garlic and popped them onto my oven top grill. Voila! Dinner! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment